Types of Visits that can potentially be done Virtually at our office:
- New Patient Visit with Dr. Halland
- Custom Nutrition Sessions with the doctor or nutritionist
- Re-evaluation Visit with Dr. Halland (to provide existing patients more access to discuss non-emergency injuries, questions, or a new condition)
Answers to frequently asked questions about our Virtual Visits:
- Do you need use a desktop computer or download a program? No, we use Skype so you can do this anywhere you have an internet connection or on a tablet/mobile.
- Do insurance companies reimburse for tele-medicine? Rarely, so this is a self-pay service due at the time of visit. If you do believe that you have reimbursement for this service, please use this form to ask specific questions of your carrier. If they do indicate coverage, please let us know so we can provide you a "superbill" (a special type of receipt) that you can submit for reimbursement.
- Why do I have to put a credit card on file to schedule this service? Unlike our in-office visits, we ask our clients to commit to their visit by placing a credit card on file (securely, through our merchant Square). It enhances our efficiency and saves you time by auto-charging when the visit occurs. Additionally, our availability with our Integrative Registered Dietitian Nutritionist is limited and she prepares in advance for your visit - for those reasons, we do employ a cancellation fee if visits are cancelled with less than 12 hours notice.